By: Mark Allred | Follow Me On Twitter @BlackAndGold277
Our Black N’ Gold Hockey Podcast and affiliated blackngoldhockey.com website is looking to fill several open positions on our Boston Bruins related digital content team. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals that are team oriented and willing to participate in group discussions. Applicants don’t need to have sports a journalism degrees to join our team but we do ask that you either have previous writing experience or possess decent punctuation and writing skills. Knowledge of the media program WordPress is preferred but not required. We do offer a training program for those who might not be familiar with WordPress.
We are looking for more contributors in the following areas:
- National Hockey League Boston Bruins Writers
- American Hockey League Providence Bruins Writers
- Premier “AA” ECHL Affiliate Writers
- Bruins CHL Prospects Writers ( OHL / QMJHL / WHL )
- Bruins European Prospect Writers ( KHL / Czech Extraliga / SHL / Finland SM-Liga / German DEL / IIHF World Juniors etc. )
- Bruins NCAA Prospect Writers ( Men’s Division 1 Only )
- NWHL Boston Pride Women’s Hockey Writers
- Bruins Player Analytic Writers ( Corsi / Fenwick / Heat Maps )
- Bruins Youtube Video Contributors ( Minimal Writing Required ).
- Black N’ Gold Hockey Podcast Co-Host. We are looking to add another member to our show covering the Providence Bruins and B’s prospects in all delevlopmental leagues around the world. This is a weekly show during the regular season.
- Editors and Copy Writers Are Needed! These Specialties Come With Reduced Article Publications Per Month. Workload Can Be Discussed During Interview Process.
If you are interested in any one of the open positions above, please continue forward with our website requirements below to see if you have the time and dedication to be a team member with us.
- Must have a Twitter account or means of establishing one.
- Article length is to be 500 words or more unless you have access to the “Breaking News” group where a maximum of 250 words is acceptable to get the news out faster. Deeper In depth articles are accepted but please stay under 2500 words because a majority of our readers are viewing from mobile devises
- From September 1st to when the Boston Bruins regular season and playoffs are over, each member is required to post four articles a month. During the offseason the required total monthly posts to keep an account with us is two.
- We have a Slack channel for team communication and activity on there is mandatory or at least please acknowledge important group announcements. Slack can be viewed via mobile phone app or on any PC.
- We ask that you be a team player and take a few minutes to support other group members with the kind gesture of sharing everyone’s work on your social media accounts like Facebook and Twitter and so on. Everyone here at BNG is expected to have each other’s backs with the ultimate team support.
- If an opportunity comes up to attend a Boston Bruins related events as a media member/guest, these privileges will go to those who go above and beyond. To be granted access under the BNG team umbrella, you must be a member that we can count on and show up to these events as a professional and not a fan. Bruins fan attire that will not be acceptable in any media situation include team jerseys, t-shirts, and so on. Please dress appropriately.
- Besides original articles, if you happen to get an article idea from any member of “Big Media” you need to give those folks credit by hyperlinking their twitter account when mentioning the author and also hyperlink the article you got the information from. Plagiarizing other media members work without the appropriate mention from where the news came from will result in immediate termination.
- Last but not least, please write your articles as a professional. This means do not bash any player or the Bruins organization for something that you don’t agree with. Bring respectful angles to your argument instead of this sucks and that player is terrible types of contributions.
If you’ve read through everything above and are interested in applying for one of the many open positions available, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little about yourself and provide a writing sample of your previous work if available. We hope to here from you as we look to grow our team! Take Care and Go Bruins!
Mark Allred – Founder & CEO